Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sleep is a Many Wondrous Thing!!

<3And, yes, love is too.<3 But you are a lot nicer and kinder if you have enough sleep!
My baby girl went through almost a week of waking up at 3am, staying up until 5:30 or 6am. I.....WAS..... E X H A U S T E D!!! I really just didn't understand exactly how I was going to be able to function with as little sleep as I was getting. I was frantically searching for some magical cure to help Sarah be able to stay asleep through the night - asking family and my facebook friends. Something - I think it was God- told me to start her on gummy vitamins. It has worked wonders and ever since she started them, she hasn't woke up at 3am any more. YAY FOR SLEEP!!! WHOo...hoo *snore*
When she was - gosh I hope it's over - waking up in the middle of the night, I wasn't even getting to shower due to the fact that no one was available to watch her while she was awake and when she was asleep, I was in no way awake. So, it's nice now that she's sleeping better again. Sleep AND showers...life is good. :)
I think my body is very high-maintenance though. I mean, really....there are lots of people who only get 5 hours of sleep and they're fine with it. My dad might get that much sleep in a night, usually less. My husband gets 5-6 hours of sleep and he's always full of energy. Me on the other hand, if I don't get 6-7 hours (or even the elusive 8 hours) of sleep, I'm walking around like a grumpy zombie. Hm. Maybe women need more sleep??? Maybe mommas need more sleep?? Or maybe I'm just so darn tired all the time from running around here like a chicken with - no, I'm not going to say it, that's disgusting - that I'm desperate for sleep. Or maybe I just need to stop whining and be grateful when I get to sleep, whether it's 3 hours or 9 hours!
Speaking of the whole "whining" thing, I really need to stop yelling to control bad behavior or any sort. I've resorted to this because most of the time I'm too lazy to get up and really deal with the issue. Pitiful excuse for lousy parenting, I know. So last night, I stopped being a lazy I-don't-want-to-deal-with-this-right-now momma and I actually went to my son when there was a problem. That worked so well, he kept making me little notes and putting them on our door for me. It was really sweet, but I did have to go tell him to stop because he woke his little sister up and was keeping his daddy up. So, from now on - no more lazy parenting...and hopefully that will help me to not yell or have to use what I call my Commander Mommy voice. No excuses this time either, not even if I'm sleep deprived!
Kimberly, Aaron, Sarah, momma loves you so much!! Thank You, God for my wondrous blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment